LUBBOCK COUNTY WATER CONTROL & IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT NO. 1
9999 High Meadow Road – Lubbock, TX 79404
BOARD OF DIRECTORS QUARTERLY MEETING
TUESDAY, MAY 8, 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN under the provisions of the Open Meetings Law, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes Annotated that a QUARTERLY Meeting of the Board of Directors of Lubbock County Water Control and Improvement District Number 1, will be held on TUESDAY, MAY 8, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in the Board of Directors Meeting Room in the Administration Building at the entrance to Buffalo Springs Lake in Lubbock County, Texas, at which meeting the following matters have been placed on the agenda for consideration and determination.
The Board of Directors reserve the privilege to recess into Executive Session whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the open meetings law, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s TEXAS CODES ANNOTATED. THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS RESERVES THE PRIVILEGE TO RECESS INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION WHENEVER IT IS CONSIDERED NECESSARY AND LEGALLY JUSTIFIED UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW, CHAPTER 551, GOVERNMENT CODE, VERNONS TEXAS CODES ANNOTATED. These purposes include receiving legal advice from its attorney (Section 551.071); discussing real property matters (Section 551.072); discussing gifts and donations (Section 551.073); discussing personnel matters (Section 551.074); or discussing security personnel or devices (Section 551.076).
ACTION MAY BE DEEMED NECESSARY ON HEADINGS AND LINE ITEMS
- Call meeting to order and Invocation
- Announcement of Quorum
- Public CommentsThe Board of Directors will allow individuals to speak to the Board. The time limit is two (2) minutes per speaker. The Board may not discuss these items but may respond with a factual or policy information.
- Approve Minutes of Monday, April 9, 2018
- NEW BUSINESS:A. Discuss and consider authorizing 92 Pony Express Trail recognition agreement; as a condition required between the lease holder and Lubbock County WCID No. 1, B. Discuss and consider accepting the bid proposal to purchase the right to lease Lot 334, Lago Vista Subdivision, C.Discuss and consider accepting bids for proposal to purchase the right to lease Lot(s) 329-333, Lago Vista Subdivision, D. Discuss and consider rule/ ordinance for loud music on the water / on the watercraft, E. Discuss and consider rule / board approval for rental property at Lot 171 Pony Express Trail, F. Discuss and consider Resound Network approval of plans to expand fencing from 20′ x 20 ‘ square shape to 35′ x 35′ x 35’ triangle. G. Discuss and consider proposal from Cisco Equipment and Warren Cat for the purchase or lease of heavy equipment, H.Discuss and Consider Ransom Canyon collaboration for aerial mosquito spraying. 10 other cities are involved with vector disease control int. I. Discuss and consider Wendell Bostwick boat dock proposal.
- OLD BUSINESS: A. Discuss and consider a “Fun, Clean, and safe” Mission Statement
- REPORTS: A. Buffalo Bay Marina Report by Steve Clabaugh, B. Police Dept Report, C. Financial Report, D. Promotions Report, E. Managers Report
- EXECUTIVE SESSION: A. SECTION 551.074, PERSONNEL *Consider and schedule 30, 60, and 90-day manager reviews. B. SECTION 551.0725, CONTRACTS * Consider authorizing Built Rite Construction retain-age fee or partial retain-age fee. *Lot 294 terms agreed upon, motion needs to be made for records in regular session.
- Reopen in regular session and take action if necessary.
- Public Comment
- Discussion Items: Opportunity for Board Members to request potential future agenda items (No substantive discussion of items will take place at this time)